nedelja, 26. avgust 2018

30. Stringer

STRINGER

What would you get if you merge a harph and a crossbow?
Would it be lethal?
Would it be loud?
Would it be heavy?
Hell yeah and I named it Stringer!

There were two things I had to find before the final construction: truck leaf spring and piano strings.    It took me a few months to find them, but I was lucky enough so I didn't have to buy them. Luka Alkimist (and also a blacksmith) gave me a leaf spring and Iztok Melanšek from M4 Music Store gave me the whole set of piano strings which he held as a decoration on the wall of his shop. Thank you again guys, I did exactly what I promised!






When the frame was finished I called Kosta, master of blues guitar playing and making, if he could help me with installing the magnets. I've bought 6 Fender Jazz bass magnets and hoped for the best while Kosta installed them into the frame.

Stringer finally found its place on the rig of Spider in company with set of cymbals, e-drum, coil and three axes. Now it's time to discover its capabilities and learn to play it. What a thrill!




Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar